Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hot Seats, Cool Dudes, and Stomping on Cyber Bullying! Stay Classy..It's Time For The Men Tell All!


Hello lovelies!

I'm still trying to process everything that took place on last night's Men Tell All episode. There was a lot of finger pointing, knee begging, soul bearing, and cyber bullying (which I will cover later). Most of what we saw was typical for each season, but I think it's safe to assume that Kaitlyn has had to deal with some serious crazies on social media (and a few crazies in the bunch on the show!). Grab your bevvies, and let's start dishing!

It's no surprise that Chris Harrison wanted to start the show by putting Ian on the spot for his behaviour on the episode when he left the show. I love that Tanner called him out for the way he acted towards everyone, especially Kaitlyn. Questioning a woman's integrity is a big deal, especially when you're on a show with 24 other men vying for her affections. Getting down on his knees to beg for the forgiveness of the men was pretty extreme, but seemed to do the trick. All is well in Ianville for now.

Clint also had to answer for his actions during the season, and shared the title of pompous and arrogant with his bromantic buddy, JJ. I'm sure most people didn't question whether or not he was a straight man, but he seemed adamant about getting that out there. I thought his relationship with JJ was strange while they were in the house, but they didn't apologize for their friendship. I actually have more respect for JJ now that I have seen the MTA episode. Will get into that later.

The overwhelmingly huge pink elephant in the room reared its head last night, when the men discussed Kaitlyn's decision to let Nick onto the show four weeks into the season. Jonathan blamed Kaitlyn for letting Nick come onto the show, and Kupah said she should have left the show to pursue time with Nick, saying she didn't handle himself well. This came from the man who didn't handle his exit well AT ALL. I kept wondering where his glass (or sippy cup) were, with his drink of choice. I applauded JJ for saying that Kaitlyn owed it to herself to explore all relationships, including one with Nick. It made me respect him more, after standing up for Katitlyn and her feelings. It's a shame that others couldn't see that, and understand that at the end of the day, this was her season, and her rules to break.

I love the hot seat discussions! I'm sad that Tony didn't get time in the hot seat (hell, he was a muppet last night!), but I don't make the rules. Seeing JJ take the hot seat, and deal with watching the scene where he slaps himself for the incident with Clint was priceless! I'll never forget the famous line "Villains gotta vill'. Jared said it well...JJ was an acquired taste, but he grew to love him. I can't wait to see him in action on Bachelor In Paradise!

Every time I see Ben Z., I get all warm and tingly! This guy is a catch, and it as great to see him in the hot seat to discuss his relationship with Kaitlyn. There's no denying that they had an amazing connection, and he felt blindsighted when she sent him home. I felt bad when he had to talk about the 'wake' ceremony during the group date in Ireland. That was the first time he didn't feel like he was on the same page as Kaitlyn, and the walls came back up. I know she was uncomfortable to put him through that, and I can't help but think if he wasn't on that particular date, maybe things would have been different. I guess we will never know. Regardless, this sensitive hottie won't have any trouble finding women who want to spend time with him!

Jared, Jared...I'm SO happy you got rid of the facial hair! You're so cute, you don't  need to hide your face under the spotty beard. It was great to see him talk about how easy it was to fall in love with Kaitlyn. Just like a jilted boyfriend, he also said it was hard to hear Kaitlyn question her decisions when she let him go at the rose ceremony. I bet there will come a point where he get tired of hearing 'Linger' by The Cranberries playing repeatedly. Not to worry, Jared...you'll have some fun in Mexico this summer on Bachelor In Paradise!

My favourite hot seat moment was when Ben H. took the stage. This is a guy who everyone loves, even if he thinks he is unlovable. It was obvious that he hell really hard for Kaitlyn, and he felt all the emotions come back when watching the video of his time on the show. Not getting closure is tough in any situation, but brutal on a show like this. I think it was worse that he had to share a room with Shawn in San Antonio! Knowing that something happened while he was out of the room, and feeling like he was the outsider must have been awful to deal with. Ben's a pretty smart cookie, and saw that it was obvious she had stronger feelings for the two other men. My guess is that he will have plenty of women chasing him after this!

Finally, Kaitlyn took the hot seat, and discusses all the hate people have spread about her. As the lead on a show like this, I can only imagine that you need to have a thick skin, and try not to let comments get to you. However, when the strain affects family, and threats on a person's life are made, that is inexcusable. You don't need to like Kaitlyn, or approve of her decisions, but you need to respect that the choices she makes are HERS. Kaitlyn acknowledged that she made mistakes along the way, and I can imagine that anyone in her shoes would stumble along the way.

I think it's really easy for people to make judgements while sitting behind their laptop, or typing on their smartphone. What makes it unacceptable is when you hurl vicious comments and threats at her, and people can see the bullying take place. Karma bites back hard. Hopefully, it reaches out to people who like to prey on others online.

I think Kaitlyn handled the questions from the men with as much grace and honesty as she could. Again, I can't imagine being her, and she was the one who had to evaluate each relationship, and deal with the people accordingly. It was her season, her way of handling things. I don't want to rehash each question, but I think what Kaitlyn said to the men about trying to date that many men at once and not making a mistake is true. It's easy to judge, because we're not in her shoes. I also thought it was cool that she accepted Ian's apology, saying she appreciated it, and his sincerity. He was a jerk to her the night he left, so taking the high road and moving on was classy on her part. 

I'm looking forward to next week's finale! It should be a wild ride, with two bachelors that couldn't hate each other more meeting Kaitlyn's family. That should be interesting. I would love to hear your thoughts on who you you think will/should get the final rose! 

Until next time...xo


No comments:

Post a Comment