Hello lovelies! Another premiere of The Bachelorette is in the books...what a wild ride that was! I am still trying to process everything that happened in both episodes, but I'm happy that the men chose Kaitlyn as this season's Bachelorette. It will definitely be a season filled with surprises, drama and fireworks. Grab your bevvies, and let's get this party started!
I'm not even going to pretend that I wanted Britt to come out on top. For me, Kaitlyn was always the front runner. She's beautiful, funny, spunky, and will definitely add a lot of spice to this season. I'm sure she'll be pushing the envelope on dates, breaking some rules, and take no prisoners. She has already set the bar high for most kisses on the premiere episode! Judging by the reactions of some of the bachelors, there will be a lot of people fighting for kissy face time with our girl Kaitlyn!
I won't drag out this post and analyze everything that happened last night, but I wanted to focus on a few of the highlights that stuck out for me. First, even though I'm not Team Britt, I did feel bad when I saw her react to Chris Harrison telling her she would not be the next Bachelorette. Obviously, Britt was riding a high wave of confidence after meeting her potential suitors. No one wants to be a runner-up in a contest, especially when it comes to being the center of attention for 25 men! She handled the news with class and composure in front of Chris, instead of having a Britt ugly cry we saw last season on The Bachelor! She scored some points for that. I'm sure she'll get some comfort in the form of a potential suitor...more on that later!
Kaitlyn's reaction to finding out she was the next Bachelorette was priceless! I liked how she asked if Britt was OK after hearing she wasn't chosen. That was a classy move. She didn't have much time to get used to the news before heading in to chat with the men, who immediately started fighting for her attention and affection!
Watching the bachelors who voted for Britt stress out over making a connection with Kaitlyn was interesting. They all felt an instant connection with Britt, and were afraid to be sent home before having any chance of making an attempt to connect with Kaitlyn (and have the opportunity to see the world, paid for by ABC!). I loved and appreciated Jared's honesty in telling Kaitlyn that he voted to keep Britt. Like Kaitlyn said, honesty is always appreciated. It's a duel edged sword to be so candid with the truth, but it also showed that Jared was honest and straightforward in his intentions. Shame others weren't more like him...but that would make for lower ratings. It all boils down to ratings, people!
Here are my standouts from last night's episode:
- Shawn B. may as well have proposed to her at first sight! The guy is crushing on her big time. Their chemistry is obvious (hello first impression rose and kissy face session!). He'll be around all season.
- Tony isn't happy that he has to share a well with the rest of the men for Kaitlyn's affections. Tell you what, buddy...I'll buy you a shovel. Go home and dig one there. You were into Britt, anyway!
- Poor Brady was devastated that Britt wasn't chosen as the Bachelorette. Good thing he removed himself from the running, and wants to try and date Britt. If you follow the show on social media, you probably already know how this turned out. I won't spoil it for you, but a simple search on Google on Twitter will answer that burning question for you.
- I have to give Chris the dentist props for going in for the kill on the first kiss with Kaitlyn! If we know anything about her from last season, she tends to like this sort of assertiveness. I'm sure we'll see a LOT more of this throughout the season.
- Men who open up to Kaitlyn will get a lot farther in the pecking order! Case in point: JJ opening up in his private time with Kaitlyn scored him huge brownie points. Take note of this, gentlemen...women really appreciate your willingness to open up! Try it more often. :)
After the first rose ceremony, here's who was left standing: Shawn B., Chris, Ben H., JJ, Joe, Kupah, Daniel, Ryan B., Joshua, Tony, Clint, Cory Stansell, Jonathan, Cory Shivar, Ben Z., Tanner, Ian, Justin, Jared.
To be honest, I was more excited about the preview clips of what we will be seeing in upcoming episodes than the actual rose ceremony! Having Nick come back as a suitor for Kaitlyn is crazy! After coming in second to Josh Murray on Andi's season of The Bachelorette, and seeing him drop the bomb about her sleeping with him on their overnight date, I never thought we would see him on another season. I wonder how the other men will handle the news that these two have a bit of a history. Kaitlyn admitting that she slept with one of the men is also interesting. How she shares this information could be a potential time bomb. Guess we will find out soon enough! Bring on the drama, fireworks, and beefcake!
Until next time...xo