Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Two Bachelorettes? What 'Chu Talkin' 'Bout, Willis!?

Hello lovelies! I had to dust off the blog for the new season of The Bachelorette after I found out there would be TWO women competing for the title of The Bachelorette. I'm still reeling from Part One of the season premiere. We have lots to dish about, so grab your beverage of choice, and let's get this party started!

Like many other people who watch the Bachelor franchise of shows on a regular basis, I was very skeptical about the approach for this season of The Bachelorette. Putting two women in front of the mansion to meet 25 bachelors, then having the men vote for who they want as The Bachelorette seems crazy! Then again, all's fair in love, drama and Nielsen Ratings! Last night's episode drew in 7.2 million viewers! That's HUGE! I'm not sure if they will keep up those numbers for the entire season, but for a premiere, that's impressive. Anyway, on with the show.

It's no secret that these ladies aren't exactly close friends, but they did a really great job of being civil for the cameras. I have been Team Kaitlyn since I found out she was in the running for the Bachelorette, but I can see the appeal Britt has for the bachelors, as well. She's very attractive and seems to say all the right things to men, However, I think Kaitlyn's laid back attitude and great sense of humour is much more appealing to the bachelors. I hope she comes out on top in tonight's episode.

I will be providing a more detailed breakdown of my thoughts of the bachelors after tonight's episode, but wanted to share a few of my highlights from Part One of the season premiere:

  • I laughed when I heard Tony using the same line on both women! I can only imagine how many women can relate to being in a situation like this one.
  • Shawn E. rolling up in the hot tub car was hilarious! If nothing else, I give him points for being original. At least he didn't have to fight for time in the hot tub out back!
  • Chris should have left the cupcake car in the box! Seriously...use the limo. There are better ways to make an entrance. Bring a cupcake with extra frosting instead. Most women love a sweet treat (unless Chris mistakenly thought that's what they would think of him when they saw him get out of the cupcake).
  • Any guy who give the Bachelorette butterflies at first sight is a keeper! Brady and Shawn are my early favourites!
  • Ryan McDill - there aren't enough words in the dictionary to describe what an ass I think he is. I have renamed him Ryan McDouche. Total disaster from start to finish, and I'm glad Chris Harrison threw him out. He needs coffee and a serious detox session. He's also the ex-boyfriend of Nikki Ferrell, Juan Pablo's ex from his season of The Bachelor. Not sure what she saw in him, but here's hoping he stays single for a while.
  • It was interesting to see the ladies scramble for time with the men before they cast their votes on who would be the next Bachelorette. Usually, the mad scramble comes from the men trying to get time with the woman chosen as the Bachelorette. Both ladies have mad hustle game! I can't wait to see what the outcome is tonight.
Although I'm not a fan of having two women having to compete to be The Bachelorette, I'll admit that I was drawn in for the curiosity factor. To me, it made the experience of becoming The Bachelorette less special, and added to an already stressful situation. I'm sure once one of the ladies gets sent home, the experience will take an enormous turn in the right direction. I personally can't wait to see what happens next. Bring on the drama, tears, fireworks and roses!

I would love to hear your thoughts on last night's episode. Who do you think will be the next Bachelorette? Who are your favourite bachelors so far? Let me know! As always, you can follow me on Twitter (@sassygirlcanada), and join along in the live tweets, dissing and hissing every Monday night! Looking forward to tweeting with you soon!


Until next time...xo





No comments:

Post a Comment